Monday, January 10, 2011

Basking in the sun

One of my favourite quotes is from Louise May Alcott -

“Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them and try to follow them.


For the past few days I have been a little in the dark. As I studied for my interview this weekend I looked to the sun to inspire me. I sat at my office desk in the sun - hoping it would shine it's light on me. I headed to the lake to let the glistening waters wash over my soul and cleanse my mind so I could reach those aspirations.

For the past 12 years I have enjoyed my career in the public service. I have had lots of interesting opportunities and challenges over the years, and I am ready to embark on a greater challenge, a new direction - upward. 2011 is to be MY YEAR of success, personally and professionally. When I awoke this morning I raised my spirit to the sky - sun salutations can brighten the darkest of day. It wasn't a dark day at all, I did my best in the interview and I hope I was able to convince the panel. That said, what will be will be.

Sometimes I think I have too many goals this year, but then, why not . We must aspire to greatness...reach for the sun. For me, I may not reach all of them, but I can believe and that will bring me success. Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment