Monday, January 3, 2011

Journey of 1,000 miles begins with one step

I'm not sure who is the author of that quote, but it is relevant for the journey Jocelyne & I are on this year.

Today with the sun shining for the first time in weeks, I listened when it called me outdoors. It was a beautiful day to make that 'step', not quite a 1,000 miles but a nice 4km hike at Starkey's Hill in Puslinch.

The journey Jocelyne & I are heading this year to our goals is not much different than the hike we took today.

Along the journey we needed to be mindful of each step we took, making sure we didn't slip or lose our footing on the path, sometimes stepping off the path just a little, but keeping focused on the direction we were heading. Sometimes we needed to grab a branch for support. Billy also played a role in this journey of discovery. Snow balls formed between his toe pads, then they would turn into ice. Nothing was going to stop him, limping at times, he wouldn't let the obstacles stop his journey. He would stop and remove them or I would help him.

Jocelyne and I cannot let obstacles or a slippery path get in the way of our journey. Just like at Stakey's Hill we need to look ahead on the path we are traveling and anticipate those slippery patches and avoid them.

After a wonderful afternoon of discovery and reflection, I sat down to a healthy dinner and a glass of wine with intention and focus.
Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment